Thursday, March 8, 2012

Books

A picture to go with blog post! Started this one a while ago, jumped back to render it for fun.

I jumped from the Shannara books I mentioned a couple of posts down to Brandon Sanderson books. I stopped at the 3rd book of the Shannara series, got too repetitive/boring. The first books from Brandon Sanderson that I read through was the Mistborn trilogy, very popular books right now I think. I started reading it because I saw Sam Weber's sweet cover illustration for it when he uploaded it recently(http://sampaints.com/2011/01/26/mistborn/)Anyways, the first book is really good. The second and third books were OK and finished the story nicely, but not as much of a page turner as the first book. The first book would make a good Hollywood movie haha. After that I read The Alloy of Law which is a spin off from the same world as Mistborn, it was alright. The magic system in the world is really fun, would make a great game system imo. Just yesterday I finished Elantris, a stand alone book from him, also a very good book, although the story is a little generic, but most fantasy books are pretty similar. Get the audio books from him when you are painting or sketching, it's very fun!

Going to move on to another author now =)

11 comments:

Jean Liang said...

coool!!

and you are quite the bookworm eh?

Lee Tao said...

Haha not really, but it's pretty entertaining =)

Nikolas Ilic said...

nice ! but Im pretty sure it sounds like your a bookworm...buy a kidnle already ! DADGUNNET!

Unknown said...

I agree, get a kindle <3

(for the longest time I tought Nik was talking abuot a kidney..like some inside joke...)

and dayum lee, this is awesome, pretty soon you'll be doing covers *--*

Abe Taraky said...

If i saw this in a game, id make a tactical retreat. AWESOME WORK MAN!!!! so inspired by this.

Unknown said...

It's amazing how much inspiration you can get from books, sick stuff dude!

Katherine Lim said...

insightful review and another sick painting :D

Lee Tao said...

Thanks guys!

I just realized I should post the book covers next time, these paragraphs don't really say anything for anyone who haven't heard of the books haha.

Unknown said...

READ WHEEL OF TIME.

Lee Tao said...

It's on the list haha, just hesitant to start on it cause it's so long lol

Unknown said...

i think i have an audio reading of it somewhere actually....